By the way, the above are examples of the Daphne and Delilah Momma and Baby Monster knitting pattern. The yellow/green one was made by our friend So Sue for our younger son and the blue/red by my dear sweet wife for our older.
(Don’t tell them that our sons call the larger dolls “Daddy”!)
And now back to our regularly scheduled photography material… I’m happy to report that the Petri 7S rangefinder camera is working well!
I ran one of my random junk rolls through it for test purposes, this one happened to be Kodak Gold 400. I got it back from my nearby pharmacy hours later and all the shots came out OK. (“Is this camera working?” shots are about all I trust to Kodak Gold and Walgreens…)
For the most part I exposed based on the Petri’s around-the-lens selenium cell ring which seemed to be metering accurately. The above shot was an exception which I metered using my trusty Gossen Digisix.
It was taken inside with filtered light from a partially drawn curtain which was just below the sensitivity of the camera’s meter. I wanted to test the camera’s capabilities, and this lighting called for a fully open aperture of f/1.8 at 1/60 second shutter speed. Daylight shots at f/16 and 1/500 second came out just as well.
The shutter release and film advance worked just fine, no hint of the issue I resolved in the last post.
The only problems were that the film counter only caught about every fifth frame (by the time I was done with the 24-exposure roll it only read “5”) and the film rewind crank kept popping out as I moved the camera around. Neither issue was a showstopper, although the “click clack” of the crank didn’t make for a silent experience.
I still have to test the Canon IV-S with the patched shutter, not to mention get even more familiar with my Nikon FA and Petri 7S.